Seth M R Jaipuria schools have high academic standards, and committed to place an emphasis on discipline, community service, values, morale, and most importantly, safety and security of all students. Our endeavor has always been to help students realize their latent potentials and strive for excellence in a fortified environment, braced to process any untoward incident.
We make an effort to ensure thatthe smallest of concerns are taken care of;we strongly believe that the critical importance of safety outweighs all other priorities for the Schools. Parents must be able to send their children off to school each day with confidence, that they will return “safe and sound” each afternoon. This is always at the forefront of our mind and all our school Principals, teachers and staff echo the same belief and priority.Safety and security arrangements is seen as a hygiene factor at all schools.
As may be undoubtedly the case for many of us, our experiences have made us all too aware of the potential of tragedy and violence in school settings. Whilst we know that not everything is preventable, we must maintain a vigilant focus on ensuring that processes and policies are in place to optimize the likelihood that our children will be safeguarded from the unexpected as much as humanly possible.
We are committed to provide for many initiatives and enhancements for safeguarding the schools. Numerous arrangements are already in place, and we are confident that our determined policy on security would augur well for the schools in the long run. The following are some of the most significant measures that we see as bare minimum requirements for well-being of any school:
- CCTV Cameras in all classes: Issues such as burglary, vandalism, anti-social behaviour and unwanted visitors need to be addressed by all education establishments.Not only do school security cameras help you maintain safety around your campus, they also discourage misbehavior. Conspicuously placed school surveillance cameras have been shown to reduce threats of violence and vandalism drastically.
- The Design of the School Building: The designs of Jaipuria Schools is vetted by a panel of expert architects, those who have nationally and internationally been involved with design of world-class schools. We enterprise that the school architecture is such that it gives no space for any hide outs. It ensures that the Principal and Administrators can have a bird’s eye view standing at one place.
- Class-Log Registers: Whenever there is a change of teachers during regular periods, practical classes or co-curricular activities; teachers are trained to take a quick check of students and enter in the class log registers. This quick check helps to ensure that there are no absentees from the classroom.
- GPS installed Transport: GPS tracking is now mandatory by the Government; this helps one with regular monitoringof the routes, and prevents delays in bus arrivals. Also, the transport in-charge uses technology to track the halt, speed and idle state of buses.
- Good Touch and Bad Touch Workshop: In today’s times, we hear a lot about child abuse and molestation. It’s high time, we start teaching young children about “Good Touch Bad Touch” to help prevent more damage. Most of the time, targets are very young children, below 6-7 years of age. They are too young to understand the difference between right and wrong.Every single day, the media reports such cases where young children, both boys and girls, are sexually abused by an adult around them. The problem is that they do not even know what is happening. It is still a sensitive topic for parents to talk to their children, so most of them do not want to go there. The same goes for schools as well. At times, we hesitate to take up and speak on sensitive topics. But, the fact remains that it is very important for the betterment of our young children that they know about all this and can deal with it if they ever come across a situation like this. What is good touch bad touch? The goal here is to inform your child about the dangers, without causing any anxiety.
We, at Seth M.R. Jaipuria Schools believe in the holistic development of children. Their safety and security is our prime concern. We understand that it is not easy for parents to discuss the issue with their young ones. Also you need to have an expertise in explaining about such a sensitive topic to children. So, we took it as our responsibility to sensitize them, equip them so that they are ready to face and handle any odd situation or person coming their way. Therefore, regular workshopsare conducted where the expert facilitators not only explain to children about sensing the danger of inappropriate touch but also how children can keep themselves safe.
Ms. Gauri Singh
Senior Manager- Academics & Training